DRT How to Transfer WHEELCHAIR Hints: Wheelchair should have 4” ROHO cushion. Plus a blue or green chux to protect ROHO if I leak. I have weak stomach muscles, so be sure my arms are always on the arm rests to prevent me from falling forward. It is very painful on my PEG tube when I’m leaning forward unsupported. It's very important to turn the front WC wheels before transfer so you can move the WC with ease. BED to WHEELCHAIR or SHOWER CHAIR - for my CNA Use the PIVOT DISK for transfer to and from bed. Always transfer me with my shoes or slippers on. With shoe straps behind my ankles. That way I won’t slip off the disk. If I am shaking help me to put my heels on the disk, that way I am not on the balls of my feet. Push your hands on my knees to make it stop. When you lift me, don’t give me a bear hug, it hurts my PEG tube. Lift me using my rib cage with your arms on my back or under my armpits. NEVER PICK ME UP WITH MY ARMS OR SHOULDERS Pay close...
Comments
Post a Comment