OVERNIGHT TRAINING- How to do Water Management in bed

DRT 

Water Management In Bed:  

  • Get the blue wash cloth. Fold it to quarters. 
  • Do the white tube first by pulling it apart at the peep valve. Be careful not to twist the peep value, it will change my peep! 
  • Grab the tube close to my belly and with the other end point it down off the bed with all your might while keeping your eye on my trach so you don’t move it. 
  • Hold the blue wash cloth against the open end of the tube to catch the water. Pull hard twice. 
  • Attach the peep valve quickly because I can’t breathe without the peep valve attached. 
  • Next is the blue tube.
  • Tap the water down.  
  • Continue to shake all the way to the humidity bowl. 
  • The goal is to empty the water into the bowl. 
  • If you took the vent cardboard off, attach the cardboard again and it has an UP ARROW written on it. 


After water management:

  • Put your hand between the tubes and my belly to see if the tubes are touching my hands or belly. Raise the arm if necessary. Move the white tube as shown: 
  • Check how low is the peep valve with respect to the arm. Pull the little tube above the peep valve if the peep valve is lower than 3 inches from the arm. One inch is okay.
  • You don’t have to do the blue tube again in the middle of the night unless it’s been a long time. I suggest every 3 hours. However, always empty the blue tube that goes to the humidity bowl to keep it clear. 
Important before lung suction:  
  • Clamp burp tube. 
  • Put feet on box. 
  • Remove cardboard before lowering vent arm. 
  • Turn the black lever to loosen arm. Lower arm to just above the bed. 
  • Don't move the arm to my right, keep both tubes to the left of my peg tube! 
  • Prepare these items, removing the suction wand and open worm sleeve. 
  • Ask me if you can get glove. 
  • Turn on suction before turning head. 
  • Go for it!  

Ask me if it is okay  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Read Before 1st Training- Important Trach Information

OVERNIGHT TRAINING- Vest

Read Before 1st Training- How to Transfer and Wheelchair Comfort